Resources for Program Planners
OLLI Program Planners are the backbone of OLLI Mason. They meet intermittently to find teachers, speakers and topics of interest to create first-rate programming and events for our membership. There is a program planning group for every subject, so if you have an expertise or want to help develop OLLI curriculum in a particular area, please join our excellent programming team! To do so, email our program associates at email@example.com. Education, experience or interest in a particular academic area is encouraged, but not necessary. You just need a desire to help develop curriculum and have fun with a group of dynamic and motivated individuals.
Below is a “tool kit” of resources and information for OLLI program planners to use when developing curriculum for upcoming terms.
- Program Planner Responsibilities
- Helpful Hints for Program Planning (pdf)
- Guidelines for Recruiting Instructors. This document provides step-by-step instructions on how to recruit instructors new to OLLI or instructors who have already taught at OLLI previously. It includes sample texts you may cut and paste and/or customize for emailing a potential instructor.
- List of Past OLLI Instructors and Topics Taught. Click the locations below for a PDF spreadsheet listing classes (by topic taught), instructor name and attendance. For email contact information for the instructors listed, please email the program associates at (firstname.lastname@example.org). Use this spreadsheet to identify experts/topics in areas of interest to your planning group.
- List of Teachers and Classes Willing to Teach at Other Campuses. This document lists teachers, their classes and the locations at which they are willing to teach. It will be updated semi-annually (winter and summer) for accuracy. For email contact information for the instructors listed, please email the program associates at (email@example.com)
- Course proposal form. Click to access the latest version of the course proposal form.
- Trip/Performances Form
- Guidelines for Course Coordinators
- Guidelines for Bus Trip/Performances Coordinators
- Program Planning Deadlines/Catalog Production Grid. Click the link to see term dates, due dates for course proposals and other important catalog production deadlines.