Health and Safety Protocols for OLLI Mason
(January 3, 2022 - subject to change)
Our plans are to keep all members, teachers, staff, and visitors safe as we return to in person programming at OLLI Mason. We greatly value the health and safety of our OLLI Mason family. To help optimize the OLLI Mason experience for everyone as we return to in-person programing, we will take as many precautions as possible to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission. OLLI will provide Zoom, hybrid, and in person offerings in spring 2022 with some test classes planned for fall and winter terms. Should you wish to experience OLLI Mason from the comfort of your home, or if you are unvaccinated, you will have access to many excellent virtual Zoom offerings. If you want to attend in-person offerings, we ask that you be aware of and prepared to follow our mandatory health and safety actions below. Our team is closely monitoring the changing conditions of the pandemic at local, state, and national levels. We plan to comply with all requirements and restrictions issued by George Mason University, the Fairfax County Health Department, the Virginia Department of Health, the federal government, and the CDC. We will communicate any updates as we learn of changes.
Mandatory Health and Safety Actions
• All OLLI Mason members, teachers, staff, and visitors must show proof of vaccination before coming to any OLLI Mason campus. In the coming weeks.
• All OLLI Mason members, teachers, staff, and visitors must complete the “Mason COVID Health Check” before each campus visit. The “Daily Mason COVID Health Check” will be included on the OLLI Daily email. You must show a GMU Daily Check in Green pass to the class liaison or staff in order to enter the classroom.
• OLLI Mason members, teachers, staff, and visitors must wear a mask indoors.
• No food or drink in any classrooms with the exception of a water bottle for the instructor only. Beverages and food items allowed in outdoor spaces only.
How will we actually show proof of vaccination?
You may use any of the following documentation to prove that you are vaccinated:
• Your original vaccination card
• A digital photo of your original vaccination card
• A digital version of your original vaccination card. If you were vaccinated in Virginia, you can search for your digital card here.
What is the policy if an OLLI Mason event does not take place due to COVID-19, or if I’m no longer feeling comfortable attending in person?
If you feel uncomfortable for any reason, let the registrar know to remove you from the in-person offering. If you still want to attend class, do so remotely by Zoom if available, or enroll in another Zoom offering.
What is the policy of a COVID-19 case reported in a classroom at OLLI?
OLLI email notification to all attendees. Those exposed must follow university policies here. Do not return to campus until you can successfully complete the Mason COVID Health Check.
Where can I send my questions?
If you have any questions about health and safety at OLLI Mason, feel free to email our office at email@example.com
Proof of Vaccination
- What is fully vaccinated?
You are considered fully vaccinated if you have completed one dose of the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna COVID vaccine and have received a booster vaccine.
- How do I provide proof of vaccination?
Upload a copy of one of the documents listed above. OLLI Mason will not save your document; it will be deleted once reviewed by staff. Accepted file types include: pdf, doc, jpg, and png.
- What is OLLI Mason's policy on exemptions?
OLLI Mason does not accept medical or religious exemptions.
- Do I need to submit proof of vaccination if I plan to remain virtual?
Anyone planning to attend or teach classes 100% online is not required to provide proof of vaccination.
Need help to prepare your document to upload?
Use your iPhone/iPad
- Click on the upload button in the email received or on this screen. Fill out the questionnaire. In the last section, Document Upload, select "choose file". Your device might have "browse".
- On your iPhone/iPad select one of the following:
- "Take Photo or Video". This option will let you take a picture of your document to upload.
- "Photo Library" if your document has been saved to photos.
- "Choose Files" if your document has been saved to a file on you device.
Use your Android phone/tablet
- Click on the upload button in the email received or on this screen. Fill out the questionnaire. In the last section, Document Upload, click on "choose file". Your device might have "browse".
- Your display may look a bit different. Select “Camera” to take a picture of your document or select “Files” if your document is already saved on your device.
Still need help? Email the office.