Health and Safety Protocols for OLLI Mason
(July 7, 2022 - subject to change)
Vaccination Requirement: All OLLI Mason members, teachers, staff, and visitors are required to provide proof of COVID vaccination before coming to any OLLI Mason campus.
Masks Optional: Updated! OLLI Mason members, teachers, and visitors are not required to wear masks, at this time. Please check this page frequently for any changes.
Mason COVID Health Check: UPDATED! OLLI members, instructors and guests are encouraged but not required to complete the Mason Daily Health Check each day before arriving on campus.
Why do OLLI Mason policies differ from George Mason University policies?
OLLI Mason serves a highly sensitive population and is taking extraordinary measures to protect our membership from COVID. As an affiliate organization, we have the authority to establish policies independent of the university.
What are my options if I am unvaccinated?
Unvaccinated individuals may not attend in-person classes; however, you will have access to many excellent Zoom offerings.
What is the policy if I no longer feel comfortable attending in person?
If you feel uncomfortable for any reason, let the registrar know to remove you from the in-person offering. If you still want to attend class, you may do so remotely by Zoom if available, or enroll in another Zoom offering.
What is the policy if I am exposed to COVID-19?
Those exposed must follow university policies here. Do not return to campus until you can successfully complete the Mason COVID Health Check. Until then, you may attend your classes via Zoom, if available. To make changes to your schedule, contact the registrar for assistance.
Where can I send my questions?
If you have any questions about health and safety at OLLI Mason, feel free to email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use your iPhone/iPad
- Click on the upload button in the email received or on this screen. Fill out the questionnaire. In the last section, Document Upload, select "choose file". Your device might have "browse".
- On your iPhone/iPad select one of the following:
- "Take Photo or Video". This option will let you take a picture of your document to upload.
- "Photo Library" if your document has been saved to photos.
- "Choose Files" if your document has been saved to a file on you device.
Use your Android phone/tablet
- Click on the upload button in the email received or on this screen. Fill out the questionnaire. In the last section, Document Upload, click on "choose file". Your device might have "browse".
- Your display may look a bit different. Select “Camera” to take a picture of your document or select “Files” if your document is already saved on your device.
Update: OLLI members, instructors and guests are encouraged to complete the Mason Daily Health Check each day before arriving on campus.
Click on the link to login into the Mason COVID Health Check or to create an account:
Select "Create new account" under Non-Mason login.
Create an account using any email address you have access.
You will receive an email with a link to confirm your account. Check your email and click the link to activate your account.
Remember your password! You will need to sign in each day you attend any in-person class/event.
Once you activate the account, you may complete the Daily Health Screen.
Once you complete the questionnaire, you will see a pop-up on the screen and receive an email.