Board of Directors
Terms end when the new Board convenes in the month
indicated; click image to view enews profile or candidate bio.
Officers. At its first meeting following the
May election of Board members, the Board of Directors elects four of
its members to one-year terms as officers of the Institute. At the new Board's first meeting on June 7, 2019, the four OLLI officers were elected. These current OLLI officers are shown below
(click an image to view profile/bio). A list of all OLLI presidents may
Board of Directors—Elected by the general membership during the month of May. The term of office commences with the first regular meeting of the Board to be held within six weeks after the closing date of the election.How to Contact a Director or the Board—To send an email to any director, please obtain his/her email address by consulting the online Membership Directory (first log in to the Member Portal, then click Member Directory in the left-hand navigation panel). To send an email to the entire Board, which any OLLI member is welcome to do, please send your email to the executive director or the OLLI administrator, asking that it go to the Board.
Listed below, alphabetically, is the NEW Board of Directors, effective June 7, 2019
- Michelle Blandburg Re-elected May 2018; 2nd Board term ends June 2021 (see note below). Profile
- Lillian Brooks Elected May 2018; 1st Board term ends June 2021. Bio
- Bob Heyer Elected May 2020; 1st Board term ends June 5, 2023. Bio
- Paul Howard Elected May 2020; 2nd Board term ends June 2023. Bio
- Marguerite Johnson Elected May 2018; 1st Board term ends June 2021. Bio
- Fred Kaiser Elected May 2019; 1st Board term ends June 2022. Bio
- Gloria Loew Elected May 2020; 2nd Board term ends June 2023. Bio
- Rosemary Lubinski Elected May 2019; 1st Board term ends June 2022. Bio
- Marianne Metz Re-elected May 2019; 2nd Board term ends June 2022 (see note below). Bio
- David Osterman Appointed June 2018 to fill term of Dave Ryan, who resigned in May 2018; 2nd Board term ends June 2023. Bio.
- Mel Russell Elected May 2020; 2nd Board term ends June 2023. Bio
- Charles Silver Elected May 2018; 1st Board term ends June 2021. Bio
- Al Smuzynski Appointed June 2020 to fill vacancy 3/16/20. Bio
- Diane Stanley Elected May 2018; 1st Board term ends June 2021. Bio
- Dave Talaber Appointed June 2018 to fill the term of Randall Scott, who resigned in June 2020; 2nd Board term ends June 2023. Bio.
- Bill Taylor Re-elected May 2018; 2nd Board term ends June 2021 (see note below). Profile
- Rita Way Re-elected May 2019; 2nd Board term ends June 2022 (see note below). Profile
- Carolyn Wyatt Elected May 2019; 1st Board term ends June 2022. Bio
Ex-officio members of the Board, non-voting, by virtue of position (e.g., executive director and—listed below alphabetically by chair's last name—committee chairs who are not directors).
- Jennifer Disano Executive Director. Bio(2018) or Enews Profile Feb 2014
- Toni Acton Member Services Committee Chair.
- Sally Berman Landscape Committee Co-chair.
- Doris Bloch Program Committee Co-chair.
- Michelle Blandburg Development Committee Co-chair.Profile
- Sigrid Carlson Landscape Committee Co-chair.
- Pat Carroll University Liaison Committee Chair. Bio
- Paul Van Hemel E-News Committee Chair.
- Rosemary Lubinski Outreach Committee Chair.
- Ernestine Meyer Website Committee Chair. Profile
- Kathryn Russell Program Committee Co-chair. Profile
- Nancy Scheeler Program Committee Co-chair.
- Russell Stone Program Committee Co-Chair
- Angie Talaber Development Committee Co--chair
- Paul Van Hemel E-News Committee Chair.
Other Key OLLI PositionsListed below are other key OLLI positions. Feel free to contact any director or any of these individuals in person or by telephone or email with your comments, suggestions or questions about OLLI. If the name is in green below (underlined when your cursor is over it), you may click the name to instantly send that person an email message. To find telephone numbers and email addresses of members whose telephone numbers and email links are not listed below, consult the OLLI Membership Directory (online at the Member Portal; requires log-in).
Committees (click name to view committee's mission and responsibilities)
- Audiovisual Support, (committee's web page) chair: Paul Howard
- Development, (committee's web page) co-chairs: Michelle Blandburg, Profile; Angie Talaber
- E-News, chair: Paul Van Hemel
- Facilities, chair: Mel Russell
- Finance, chair: David Osterman
- Governance, chair: Lillian Brooks
- Landscaping, co-chairs: Sigrid Carlson and Sally Berman
- Member Services chair: Toni Acton
- Outreach, chair: Rosemary Lubinski
- Program, co-chairs: Doris Bloch; Kathryn Russell; Nancy Scheeler, Profile; and Russell Stone, Profile.
- Publications, chair: vacant
- Strategic Planning, chair: Bill Taylor
- University Liaison, chair: Pat Carroll, Bio
- Website, chair: Ernestine Meyer, Profile
Program Planning Groups (submit course suggestions to the appropriate program planning group listed below or to the OLLI Program Associates staff by clicking email@example.com)
- Art and Music, co-chairs: Marianne Metz; Angie Talaber; and Kosmo Tatalias
- Economics and Finance, chair: Leo Brennan,Profile; Brenda Bloch-Young, Ray Wilson
- History and Current Events, co-chairs: Emmett Fenlon (Profile); Bernie Oppel; Dick Young (Profile); and Beth Lambert
- Humanities and Social Sciences, co-chairs: Camille Hodges, and Peg O'Brien
- Literature, Theater and Writing/Languages, co-chairs: Pat Bangs; Linda Bergman; Jackie Gropman; Norma Jean Reck, Nancy Scheeler (Reston), Profile; and Rala Stone
- Loudoun Program, chair: Barbara Wilan, Profile, Kathie West [Loudoun points of contact for courses in some subject categories are listed under those program planning groups]
- Religious Studies, chair: Steve Goldman, Profile
- Reston Program, chair: Stan Schretter [Reston points of contact for courses in some subject categories are listed under those program planning groups]
- Science, Technology and Health, co-chairs: Michele Romano, and Mary Kornreich
- Special Events, co-chairs: Florence Adler (Profile); Marilyn O'Brien)
- OLLI Historian, Marianne Metz
- OLLI Representative to Arts at Mason Board, Pat Carroll, Profile
- Site Coordinators
- Loudoun Coordinator, vacant
- Reston Coordinator, Stan Schretter, Profile
Management and Staff
- Executive Director, Jennifer Disano, Bio(2018) or Profile, Job Description
- OLLI Administrator, Susan Todenhoft, Profile 703-503-3384
- Program Associate, Shannon Kim Morrow, Profile 703-503-3384
- Finance Associate, Karen Nash, Profile 703-503-3384
- Communications and Program Associate, Alice Slayton Clark, Profile 703-503-3384
- Registrar, Susan Job, Profile 703-503-3384
- Tallwood Site Assistant, Mike Emery, 703-503-3384
- Loudoun Site Assistant, Leigh Knox, Profile
- Reston Site Assistant, Dallas Joder
- Off-Site Assistants, Meg Przybylski, Nancy Klein
- OLLI E-News Editor
- OLLI Ink Editor, Caroline McNeil
- Poets of OLLI Editor, Jan Bohall, Profile
- Publications Committee Chair, vacant
- Webmaster and Website Committee Chair, Ernestine Meyer, Profile